7.04.2008

Happy 4th of July!

It's the 4th. I love this holiday for 2 reasons....
It's an opportunity to celebrate this wonderful country that we live in.
Times are tough right now, and so much is going on in the
world, but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
There are so many freedoms we have here, and I never want
to take them for granted.

The other reason why I love this weekend is tomorrow I celebrate 12 years of
marriage. Yes, 12 years. It goes by so fast....
We've been through so much, 2 homes, 2 children, and 2 animals. Financial highs and lows.
Yes, marriage is truly a journey, it's not always going to be effortless.
At times it's tough,and anyone who has been married for longer
than a hot minute (sorry hollywood celebs) can tell you, it's hard work.
But when it's good...life is complete.
If you are on my blog, you know that I'm a huge Mary J.Blige fan.
Here voice is phenomenal, and the lyrics in her songs just speak to me.
So to me this song embodies my marriage experience

So here's my request and dedication, to my husband, my lover, my best friend....
(don't forget to turn off the player on the left)

No comments: