8.05.2008

The Dog Days of Summer....

I woke up this morning, feeling great!
Like every morning this was my greeting.
A thump-thump-thump down the hallway, as this big
girl comes to say hello. I swear her tail hitting the wall is like an alarm clock.

Her name is Lola, also known as Lola Bear, Polar Bear,
Woo Woo, Golden Girl, Lolita, Buffalo Butt...
She's a dog, so I swear she doesn't care that we comment on her
butt.

Photobucket

And anytime Lola greets me, she brings me a "present"
Sometimes she brings me a doll from the girls room, sometimes a shoe, most often a stuffed animal...
What I love about Lola is she is always happy. She really enjoys her life, sometimes I wonder what is going on
in that canine brain of hers.

Okay back to the original reason for this post..
It's August, my girls have one more month, and it's back to school.
I can honestly say this is the first summer in a few years that I have
thoroughly enjoyed.

My secrets???

I'm slowing down. I'm not running around like a chicken with my head cut off.
I'm savoring each moment.

It's funny, when you slow down, your life takes a different shape. Finding pleasure
is purer things, like my garden. It use to seem like another chore, This summer
I'm noticing the beauty, weeding is just part of the process.

Even my girls, I'm noticing them. They have changed a lot this summer. Of course
they have grown, but they are also more mature mentally. I'm giving them a more
freedom, and it's cool to see how they handle themselves. Yes, slowing down, and watching
your child grow before your very eyes is a cool thing.

Finally, Today my big, brother turns 48!!!
Happy Birthday Ken.

If you are interested in a Joey LuLu's Session for a maternity, newborn, or child portrait please contact Courtney Jones
at the studio 248.650.5775 or 248.459.9014

1 comment:

Kara May said...

Oh my gosh - I just want to snuggle your cute happy doggy. Love that he always brings you a present. :) And we should all take something from this post - slow down and smell the roses. I too am trying to do that (even though I just realized about 3 days ago that I needed to) but I'm already seeing things with a different perspective. Fabulous post my friend!